Help with Math in new plans.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ephailey, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ephailey macrumors member

I am using about 360 MB per month. I always go above 200.

By my math, if I went to the 200mb plan I would end up at $30 per month. No change.

If I go to the 2gb plan, at $25 I save $5 and would never go over.

My fear is that new usage types of the phone that are not currently even developed will push me over 2gb and I will regret giving up the unlimited package. Does anyone fear this? I will probably never go over 400mb otherwise.

2. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

2GB seems like a large amount of data now...

But down the road, we will be stuck with these old caps that will be ridiculous low.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

As long as your wifi works and you use wifi when available most of the time, you won't exceed the caps for $25.

4. dmk1974 macrumors 68020

dmk1974

Any chance they will have "rollover data" like they do with phone call minutes? :)

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

For $5 a month, I'm just going to keep my unlimited. You never know what new apps or programs that will come out later that will suck your data usage dry. Now, if it was $20 for 2 GB, I'd have to think about it a little.. :eek:

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

That would be nice...or at least allowing you to choose between voice and data rolling over. I have the bare-bones voice plan and never ever need to use the rollover.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, they'd rather charge you instead.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've never heard of any cell provider doing this, so for now, at least, I wouldn't count on it.

9. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Assuming that is like assuming that my phone minute plan was never going to increase from 250 day time minutes. As the data demands grow, network improves, and competition increases, you will see increases in the data limits. Or everyone will switch to another carrier with better prices. Competition will probably drive down prices even farther. And we just got a price drop today.