Help with MBP and external HDDs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tadros86, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Tadros86 macrumors 6502

Tadros86

So I have 160 gb mbp shows up as 149, and I have two 320 GB externals.

Now I want to use Windows XP, Leopard, Tiger, and Logic. How should I partition each drive to have enough space for everything?

I will be using Leopard mostly
    then Tiger for Logic/Protools
    and Windows for gaming.

I figured I'd keep the internal hard drive just for Leopard and the installion of XP.

Logic is around 50 GB in itself. and Pro-Tools is a couple gbs, maybe 2 or something.

How can I partition everything to where I have enough space for all my backups, my projects and everything, without everything getting too confusing?

Thanks for the help.

2. isleofjib macrumors regular

it kinda depends what you plan on doing in each partition. what are you going to be using xp and leopard for? just need xp to boot up certain apps? it can be a small partition. you're going to want a lot of storage space for logic and protools and the music you record using them. so i'd make one of the 320s just for that and maybe a good chunk of the 2nd one, too. you'll have leopard on your internal drive. then you can decide how much space you need for windows and either keep a partition on your internal drive or a larger one on your 2nd external drive.