Help with Messenger Mac and grouping convesations

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macbookairhelp, Dec 5, 2008.

1. macbookairhelp macrumors member

Hi,
    I've had a macbook air for like 7 months and I've got the hang of things but I was wondering if there's a way to group conversations. I remember on windows there was a way but I can't find one on mac, please help me!
    Thanks.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Sorry, but I'm not sure what you mean by "grouping conversations" -- can you explain more?

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. macbookairhelp thread starter macrumors member

Oh sure!
    On windows you can have all your conversations in one window, then on the top is all the different ones, say I'm talking to four people and I dont want to have 4 convo boxes, plus other things, on windows I could go under settings and they would be in one convo box then at the top of the box was all my conversations!

4. porridge111 macrumors newbie

msn for mac sucks.

you could get adium wich also supports msn, and this will be on by default.

5. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Ooh, I get it now. Sorry, Messenger:Mac doesn't do that.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

6. BlackLight macrumors regular

BlackLight

I know what you are talking about... remember in windows, you could only do that with messenger live plus installed.. and mac messenger does not support messenger plus live and they don't plan on developing a mac version anytime soon. and i quote

"Will there ever be a Macintosh/Linux version of Messenger Plus! Live?

No, there will never be a Macintosh version or a Linux version of Messenger Plus! Live due to several reasons, including the fact that I have absolutely no time to put in such kind of project."

link: http://www.msgplus.net/help/faq/general/#mac-version

7. macbookairhelp thread starter macrumors member

Well,
    First of all thanks poridge111, i downloaded Adium and It's cool. BlackLight, thanks, know I know that my dream of Messenger will not come true. But, mac has many other great qualities, thanks everyone!