Help with Mighty Mouse/Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by rbf1138, Sep 11, 2008.

1. rbf1138 macrumors 6502

So, I've had the wireless MM awhile now, and it just never seems to track well. I decided to give a few wired mice a go, to see if they perform better. I bought the Logitech G5 and MX 518, and using Steermouse and USB Overdrive, could only get the 518 to allow me to use the middle click button correctly. So, now I want to compare the 518 to the Wired MM. Well, it seems that whether using the wireless or wired MM, even with mouse speed at the highest, it moves really slowly. Not laggy or choppy, just really slowly. I'm wondering if this is due to having installed the other mouse programs? I removed them from my System Prefs panel, but it hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

This might sound like a simple fix but sometimes those are the easiest, try a different surface or mouse pad. My MM moves very slow on just the desk surface but on a mouse pad it works perfectly.

3. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

Same surface as I've been using forever...it's definitely not a hardware/physical issue

4. rbf1138 thread starter macrumors 6502

All my my movements are messed with now...is there an easy way to restore my mouse settings to normal/default? Some sort of reinstall of the settings?