Help with Migration - Mac Lion OS X

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by frostmill, Jul 20, 2011.

1. frostmill macrumors newbie

All,

I just downloaded my copy of Lion. However, before I start my migration I am worried if my current Office 2011, Chrome, Firefox will work in the new LION IS X. I am an SEO and most of my work is done through browsers and that is my tool for trade. If Office 2011, Chrome and Firefox doesnt work on it, it makes no sense for me to migrate right now

Any solutions for this?

2. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

well since lion is all 64bit.

you can runt he programs, go onto activity monitor, there you can check if they are 64 bit, if they are, they should run just fine. Go do that, and then upgrade safely :cool:

3. frostmill thread starter macrumors newbie

Below is the results from Activity Monitor.
    Looks liek Office and Chrome are not 64Bit. Am I looking it right?

[​IMG]

4. frostmill thread starter macrumors newbie

5. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

You are, but while I haven't tested these apps on Lion (except for Firefox 3.6), they should run. I have lots of 32-bit apps on Lion and they run.

AnonMac50

6. frostmill thread starter macrumors newbie

Wat about Microsofy Office 2011 for Mac? If that works, I am ready to roll :)

7. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Office 2011 works fine, but has not been updated to take advantage of full screen mode, versions, etc. It runs fine without the Lion features.

8. frostmill thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome. I think I am ready to go for it. Do you have any idea how long does it take to install it. If it takes too long I dont want to do on my company;s time. I already downloaded the 4 gig file.

9. frostmill thread starter macrumors newbie

Looks like lotChrome is working in Lion but it doesnt take the advantage of it s latest UI. DO you think its a wise decision to wait for a while?