Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hello,

Can anyone provide some hints to get past the 4th level in Modern Combat Sandstorm. It's the level where you have to protect the palace. I've gotten the RPG and destroyed the tanks in the front and I've help Dozer on the left side and made it to Fox on the right, but then I always run out of time. Any suggestions. I'm going as fast as I can but I think I must be missing something.

Thanks for any help you can offer. I've been stuck on this level forever.

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Aug 24, 2008
You're question is better suited at toucharcade.com but I'll give you advice. Try to get there as fast as you can. If you hear him yell RPG before you're ready, quickly get close to the area (targeting wise) of the guy who has the RPG (yellow arrow over head) and use the scope for better accuracy and better auto aiming. Kill as many as you can before your comrade yells out RPG again. If you still can't do it after a few times I'd recommend restarting the level.

The final part of the level is easy. If you think that's hard wait til you get to level 5. My tip for that level is to remember where all the enemies are and that's it. Level 5 is the most difficult in the game.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
If you think that's hard wait til you get to level 5. My tip for that level is to remember where all the enemies are and that's it. Level 5 is the most difficult in the game.

Interestingly I found the palace the worst level. Probably because I wasn't quick enough at the front knocking out the tanks or helping Dozer but I always struggled on the third side. It takes me several attempts to get those guys killed in time.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

I can't get past the second level!!!!

iSpaghettiCat

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2009
Miami, FL
Before you even start shooting, you should go and get the RPG. Use the ironsight for everything, minus the tank shots because you might end up shooting the inside of the palace. If you're good with the ironsight like I am, you should be able to kill enemies in about 2 shots. Just keep that in mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.