Help with Motion 5?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cambookpro, Apr 11, 2013.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi,

I have recently created a short video about Margaret Thatcher (gasp! - leave it in PRSI :p I don't condone her actions, but neither do I condone the campaign to try to get Ding Dong the Witch is Dead to no 1... :rolleyes:) but was wondering a) how I could animate the camera so all it does is zooms, pans and rotates - seems to be very difficult! and b) attach a vignette to the camera.

I've created just a short clip on some text animating to some speeches, but want it to move around etc rather than just showing the whole canvas all of the time.

If anyone could help I'd be most grateful.

2. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

Nevermind, I completely missed the dolly/pan tools to the right... :rolleyes:

3. pinholestars macrumors member

pinholestars

Did you figure out your vignette issue? You could do it a few ways:

1: Make a 2d Layer with a gradient tool mimicking the vignette
    2: Put a vignette filter on the main group so everything is affected
    3. Make a light and have it follow the camera.

And as far as the dolly/move tools, they work great and keyframing is nice, but the real joy of using Motion is for the behaviors, to which there are camera behaviors for movement and such. The framing behavior might be extra helpful in that it will frame a specific layer for you and animate the move.

4. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

Thanks a lot, will have to have a play around with it all tomorrow! Will definitely check out the framing behaviour, sounds very good.