Help with mouse please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rook9566, Aug 9, 2009.

1. rook9566 macrumors newbie

This has been driving me crazy for the past 3 hours. The left button on my mouse does not work at all. The right button seems to work for some things but not others. For example, I can right-click on Finder, right-click on system preferences, and then right-click on the mouse preferences, but I can't make any changes to the preferences. I can close and mimimize windows by right-clicking, but message windows I have no affect. There is a message window that tells me my computer was unexpectedly restarted (Because I did a hard re-boot), but I can't get the message to go away. It sits in front of all other windows and has an ignore and report button, but I can't select either of those options.
    I know the mouse is not the problem, because I tried two other mice. The single button usb mouse that came with the mac and my 2 button PC mouse. The both do the same thing as my bluetooth mouse.

I'm wondering if some accessability functions have been changed, I have an 11 year old that could have did it. But I am unable to troubleshoot since the very thing I need to troubleshoot with is broken.

I've restarted several times.
    I've restarted in safe mode (or whatever you call it in Mac language.)

Any help will be appreciated.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. rook9566 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I was able to open the Disk Utilities, but that's as far as I get. I can't click buttons.