Help with moving Google Earth (places) from Windows to Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swmr, Mar 4, 2008.

1. swmr macrumors regular

swmr

So I have a Windows XP machine and a new MBP as specced in my sig. I have a ton of places I found on Google earth that I want to try and transfer to my Mac. Some of these were pretty hard to find, and I might not be able to get to them again. I know for my Firefox book marks, I just exported a bookmark file to my USB drive, and then imported them on my Mac. Can anybody tell me how to do the same for Google Earth if it is possible?

Obviously a simple export/import would be nice, but if anybody knows of a specific file that needs to be copied, I am willing to try that too.

Thanks!!

Mitch -- swmr

2. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

Nothing huh? I was hoping I could get some answers over night. Maybe I was the only switcher who watched to keep there places haha.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Possibly you would have better luck going to a Windows site for help with a Windows application. On the Mac--and I assume on Windows as well--search for a file named "myplaces.kml." This file contains your "My Places" entries.

4. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

surely from within google earth you just right click on my places and select save as?

5. swmr thread starter macrumors regular

swmr

Thanks ill try both of those next time I feel like booting up my XP machine haha...