Help! with MS Word on Macbook Air 2011

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Beetle53, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Beetle53 macrumors newbie

My girlfriend is a translator and decided to use the Macbook Air 2011 in combination with her MS Office 2007.
    We did a Parallel install on the Macbook Air and Microsoft Office 2007 works fine.

The problem is that some shortkeys don't function the way she is used to. First the keyboard layout is different and office 2007 doesn't seem to recognize the short key commands that function on a PC, As she needs to use a PC in her Office it is very difficult to keep shifting between shortkey systems to working with the Macbook when travelling back home in the train.

Two questions:

a) what would the Mac analogy be for the Control- Shift -Rightcursor to select the word to the right IN MS OFFICE 2007 under windows?

b) is there a possibility to customate these key combinations?

2. Hawkeye16, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

There may be a program to do the keyboard, but I do not know of one.

To select one word it is Option + Shift + right arrow.

Parallels, since it runs windows as a VM, it is more difficult. Can you provide an example of a shortcut that does not work?

One solution that *may* work is if you instal windows with boot camp. Then it is natively running windows as the OS and not as a virtual machine. I am not positive this will make the key work though so maybe someone else could chime in??

3. Aliascognito macrumors member

Hi, I had the same problem back when i used PD so i switched to VMWare Fusion... They give you a built in command selector allowing you to send the commands to what you need