Help with multi monitor display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MikeW1987, Aug 9, 2019.

1. MikeW1987 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

So I am new to being a mac owner. I have a Macbook pro, which only has a port for the USB-C. I am trying to figure out what exactly I need to be able to have a 3 monitor display hooked up too my MacBook Pro. I would also like to not have to spend a ton of money to do this(if possible). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. mastermind6192 macrumors member

mastermind6192

What model MBP do you have? Also do you already have the monitors as well?

3. Honza1 macrumors 6502

If you have MBP with four usb-c ports, you can buy usb-c to display port cables and it should work. If you have only one usb-c port, I do not think you can run that setup. Apple has for each model description on how many monitors and of what resolution it can handle. So check that first before you waste effort on something impossible.

4. MikeW1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am not sure how to check which model I have. All I could find is that it's a 13 inch 2017 with two Thunderbolt 3 ports

5. matram macrumors member

There is a model number on the bottom, something like A1706. That should identify your exact model.

6. infiniteentropy macrumors regular

https://support.apple.com/kb/SP754?locale=en_US

A 2017 with 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports only supports two external displays.

7. MikeW1987, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019

MikeW1987 thread starter macrumors newbie

My Model number is A1708

I would also like to ask, does anyone know of a wireless mouse/keyboard set up that works with this model mac that is not the actual apple keyboard/mouse? I can't afford to do the extra monitors and that keyboard/mouse all at once. So something sub par to the apple stuff will work for now.

It also appears that I am having trouble finding a docking station that has 2x HDMI ports on it that is not crazy priced either. If anyone knows of some that are not insanely priced please point me in the right direction.

Thanks everyone for help so far!