Help with Multiple Calendars on iPhone

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Alameda, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Alameda macrumors 6502a

Alameda

I'm sure there are other threads on this, but if someone could clearly explain the multiple calendars on my iPhone, what they are, and whether to delete any, I would really appreciate it. It's quite confusing to me. Some of these events show up in my Mac's Calendar program, although I just want them to all show up in MS Outlook and for Apple's Calendar to just go away.

First off, I use MS Exchange for email and corporate calendar management. So my iPhone gets Exchange invites and displays Exchange calendar entries.

The calendars listed on my phone are:
    [My Company Name]
    Calendar <-- I assume this is my Exchange calendar

[iCloud]
    All iCloud
    Home
    Calendar
    Work
    Family <-- Shared with my kids
    WorkProject <-- A calendar of events of a work-related organization

[Other]
    US Holidays
    Birthdays
    Events Found in Mail

Much thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

All you can really do is turn off day the iCloud ones. You can't delete them as such. I know for certain if you have family sharing setup you have the family calendar but if you go into calendars on the iPhone and actually choose calendars you can simply untick the ones you don't want showing otherwise go to mail contacts calendars and go into the mail account and disable the calendar on the corresponding account. You can choose to either keep current content in relation to that account on the device or you can delete. Your call.