Help with music sync-ing problems on iPhone 3G[S]

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sashie, Oct 23, 2009.

1. sashie macrumors member

sashie

i have been using my iphone 3G for a few months now but this problem has only happened recently.. (maybe after the 3.1.2 upgrade? or maybe it has no relevance)

so this morning when i was about to head out i realized that there is 'no content on itunes' ... - zero songs. i checked under settings / general.. it shows that i have ZERO songs.. yet the music library is still taking up all the capacity.

i plugged it into my computer immediately and the bar shows that i have 9GB worth of music in my iPhone.. confused.. i went to the music tab and sync only that section... the sync took forever and i was in a rush to head out.. so i cancelled it.. thinking that i would deal with it after i get home... but then right after i cancelled the sync and rushed out... i realized that all my songs are back into place! 0.O

the same issue happened again after i installed new apps on my phone this afternoon.. after the whole backing up and syncing.. i realized my whole itunes library is gone again -____- (zero songs count etc)

has anyone experienced this issue before?
    anyway to fix it apart from making sure i check whether my songs are on my phone everytime i finish sync-ing?

thanks a lot. xoxo

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've been having this issue, too, and haven't figured out exactly how to fix it. It seems to happen totally randomly, and while it usually fixes itself with another sync, the other day it took several tries before something clicked and it suddenly got fixed. :(

Oh, and it's happened on both a 2nd gen and 3rd gen Touch, so it's not specific to the 3GS. The two Touches are currently both on 3.1.2, but my memory is iffy on if it happened on 3.1.1 or not.

3. sashie thread starter macrumors member

sashie

so i am not alone afterall!
    it's so weird.. just now i synced it 3 times with no hope..
    in the end i had to wipe off my whole library and add them back...
    :S so now i am just trying to sync my phone as little as possible to avoid it from happening.. :/ ARGH.

4. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

This has happened to me twice now. Please, someone let me know if they figure out what's causing it or how to fix it.

5. sashie thread starter macrumors member

sashie