Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longboarder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
So I recently made a big feat by putting 1 tb into my 400mhz imac g3 after installing a speedtools driver. The only problem I have now is that in order to boot up every time I have to type boot hd:12,\System\Library\CoreServices\:tbxi is there a way to make the computer do this automatically so I dont have to type it in every single time? Thanks and regards,
Thomas

Reactions: bobesch

G4fanboy

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Andalucia Spain
Simple way is to make the OS be on a partition on the first 120 GB, and the rest of the drive could be your home folder with some hacks.

Also, check for the obvious, maybe the drive isnt in "Cable Select" or "Master" position.

Not all IDE to SATA converters have it, but it is preffered for PowerPC Macs

longboarder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
Simple way is to make the OS be on a partition on the first 120 GB, and the rest of the drive could be your home folder with some hacks.

Also, check for the obvious, maybe the drive isnt in "Cable Select" or "Master" position.

Not all IDE to SATA converters have it, but it is preffered for PowerPC Macs
I figured it out. I essentially just need to set the default startup disk in settings. Thats good and all but now I have yet another problem...the imac now will only read firewire and wont read my usb inputs like it did. Also my os was already installed on a 100gb partition, the rest is on another one

Reactions: G4fanboy

G4fanboy

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2013
Andalucia Spain
I figured it out. I essentially just need to set the default startup disk in settings. Thats good and all but now I have yet another problem...the imac now will only read firewire and wont read my usb inputs like it did. Also my os was already installed on a 100gb partition, the rest is on another one

AFAIK if you reset PRAM the speedtool hack has to be applied again.

I couldnt use my powerbook in TDM until I put the drive as "Master" or "Cable Select", cant remember which one.

Which OS are you using?

longboarder

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 15, 2016
AFAIK if you reset PRAM the speedtool hack has to be applied again.

I couldnt use my powerbook in TDM until I put the drive as "Master" or "Cable Select", cant remember which one.

Which OS are you using?
OS X 10.2.8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.