Help with my 4s

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by jherrington102, Oct 5, 2015.

1. jherrington102 macrumors newbie

Unfortunately for me I smashed my 5s at the weekend so have turned to my old 4s I have stored under the bed! The 4s had 'Find my iPhone' installed on it. When i was planning on selling it a while ago, I done some sort of factory re-set. When I came to turn the phone back on, it asked me for the apple ID and password used to SET UP the device. Well I have changed my password a few times and cannot remember what on earth it was when I first got the phone. Does anyone have any ideas? Im guessing it is probably better off in the bin and completely useless!

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

It shouldn't need your original password, it would need your current password associated with your Apple ID.

3. jherrington102 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have entered my current password and it will not accept it. It says 'Incorrect Apple ID jxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk cannot be used to unlock this phone'. This IS 100% the correct ID (signed into it fine on a computer). Also tried it on different wifi networks.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is that the same exact Apple ID and the one that was originally used for the phone (and you are using now)?