Help with my first purchase.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Jayjew, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

I need help. Im wondering if when I buy my apple watch from apple. If they'll allow me to pick a combination? Just because I really don't want the sport or milanese loop. Im interested in the leather bands. If not, I get it.

Also, SS or SSB? Are there leather bands for the SSB?

2. CarlJ macrumors 68020

CarlJ

Nope, you can only pick from the pairings they show (they used to have more parings, they've cut back somewhat). Get the sport band - it's cheaper than the Milanese loop and you'll end up wanting a sport band anyway (use it while you're doing messy things, to save your leather band).

The Leather Loops look good on any of the watches but the rest of the leather bands all have shiny stainless steel (so, silver colored) hardware, meaning you'll get shiny silver colored-lugs up against a shiny black watch, if you go with Space Black. Not optimal (in this way Apple treats the Space Black Stainless Steel [SBSS] and Space Gray Aluminum watches as second-class citizens, which is weird for something they consider at least partly a fashion item). The (shiny silver) Stainless Steel watch will look good with basically any of the bands.

Note that most of the bands have silver-colored buckles or pins - this may or may not bother you - I find having a silver pin on a sports band, or a brushed silver-colored buckle on a woven nylon band, on the opposite side of my wrist from my Space Gray watch, is really just not a problem, for me (YMMV), though I've steered clear of the leather bands because I don't feel like paying $150 for something that plugs silver lugs into my dark=gray-colored watch. That is something up with which I will not put.

(To be specific, the black woven nylon band and black sports band have all black hardware, including the buckle and pin, respectively. Actually, the black sports band can be had with a silver pin or black pin. Pretty much every other Apple band has silver-colored hardware.)

Apple has an "interactive gallery" here, where you can see roughly how things will look: Mix and match cases, bands, and faces

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

To answer your last question, since CarlJ answered primarily your first one.

I would opt for the stainless steel Apple Watch over the black stainless. The reason being, is it's much easier to pair bands with And it just stands out nicely with the high shine with The 316L stainless.

4. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I would also recommend the SS, it's the best looking IMO, most flexible with different band styles IMO, has sapphire crystal, and especially since you're considering leather bands.

The only downside of SS is the jump in cost over the aluminum.

5. infinitejest macrumors 6502

infinitejest

Yep, especially if you always wanna upgrade to the newest watch.

6. chilman macrumors regular

chilman

Everything is worth the extra money on your first purchase!