Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan_zip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Belfast, N. Ireland
I just set up a d-link DL-524 wireless router and am using a dwl-122 usb adaptor with my ibook. I'm connected but am experiencing some strange behaviour. Some sites don't seem to want to load up at all and every so often the computer totally freezes up forcing me to restart, none of this was happening this morning prior to set up. The signal strength is at 100%, i've run disc utility and i've got the 1.4.7 driver installed for the dwl-122. The router came with an installation disc but there was no mac softs on it. I can't find anything in the d-link ftp site, am i missing something or have i neglected to do something?
Any ideas?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
It sucks but adaptors are notoriously bad at co-operating with OSX. Is there any chance you can get your hands on an AirPort card for the iBook? :eek:

jadekitty24

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2005
The poor section of Connecticut
I can tell you from personal experience how that usb adapter is horrible. I could never get it to work. I bought this one and 2 others before buying the Airport card I should have in the first place. Take my advice, bite the bullet, and try to dig up an original Airport card. I wish I had from the get-go.

allan_zip

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Belfast, N. Ireland
It was on a previous post here that a lot of people had recommended the dwl-122 as an option to getting scalped on ebay for an original airport card. I looked at those custom drivers, but i can't figure out which one would be suitable.
As if that's not confusing, just to make a liar out of me it has behaved itself all night and hasn't frozen once:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.