help with my I Pad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Doris1, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Doris1 macrumors newbie

Jul 10, 2017
    I have the I Pad Pro and having a lot of problems with charging it. I have bought numerous cables and none of them work good. It will charge it for a while then says not charging.i even bought the 10' cables from Apple that said for the I Pad Pro and a charger from Apple. I have been reading discussion from other people on what is the best charger for it. The charger I bought is for two cables, and the top says for I pad and the other one says other. But neither works. The charger I have says
    Model nokoko-10
    Input AC100-240v 50/60 Hz 0.5A
    Output DC 5V. 3100mA
    I don't know if this is a strong enough charger for my I Pad Pro.
    I would appreciate any help
  2. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

Jun 26, 2006
    AppleCare+ -schedule an  appointment. Is what I would do.
  3. flaubert macrumors member

Jun 16, 2015
    There is more to it than just the "strength" or amperage capability of the charger. The charger identifies itself to the iPad using a crude method involving the value of resistance pull-ups / pull-downs on the USB signaling lines, and if the iPad doesn't like what it sees it will charge slowly or not at all. I don't think that the Genius bar is going to be of much help to you; they will likely test it with a genuine Apple iPad charging brick, find that it is fine, and tell you to get rid of the third party charging brick. Have you lost the little Apple-supplied charging brick? If not, I would go back to that. They're only $29 I believe at the Apple store.