Help with my I touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lucky charm, Apr 9, 2008.

1. lucky charm macrumors newbie

I am new to the itouch world and having trouble downloading movies and podcasts. I show a podcast on my computer, but it won't sync to my i touch. I updated the itunes and it still won't work. Can you watch movies downloaded directly from itunes or how do I get movies on my touch?
    help! so lost...
    Thanks
    LC

2. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

Careful what you say in these forums, alot of people have a problem with you calling it an itouch. the proper term is Ipod touch. Or just Touch.

Have you dragged the podcasts/movies to your touch? You might have it on manual sync.

3. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

You need to enable the movies/podcast syncing for your Touch before iTunes will even try to sync them.

To do this go into the screen that shows how much space your Touch has used up. You will notice some tabs at the top of the window... music, photos, movies etc... You need to go in there and set them up to sync.

4. lucky charm thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, but it didn't work

I had already done that, where you check what you want to sync. The podcasts are checked but not syncing. Am I missing something???

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

are they podcasts you subscribed to in iTunes?

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

You replied to me in a PM that they are, so I would suggest restoring your iPod and see if that works.

If not, try another podcast (like Tiki Bar TV or TWiT]), just to make sure thats its not that particular podcast.