[HELP] With my iPhone 3G Battery!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joshrawly, Mar 25, 2012.

1. joshrawly macrumors newbie

Hello everybody. Im new to this Forum. And i was wondering if anybody could help me?

My iPhone 3G wont charge. And when it dose, it goes to the apple sign and after a bit turns off and goes back to charging. once it dose it the second time, it just stays on the apple sign.

HEEEEELP!!

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

Try putting your iPhone in DFU mode. Do a quick Google search on how to do this.

If you are successful, restore your iPhone to it's original settings.

3. joshrawly thread starter macrumors newbie

I cant it dosent connect to iTunes!

4. moonman239, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012

moonman239 macrumors 68000

Did you put your phone in DFU mode, then try to restore the phone? I assume you did. If so, try this:
    1) Try to restore the phone using a USB cable that you know works.
    2) Use that same USB cable to try to charge your phone using the wall charger.

If:
    -iPhone is connected to the computer (Windows will most likely make a ding sound when you plug it in)
    --but iTunes does not recognize it, then something could be wrong with iTunes as well. Update iTunes and try again.
    --and iTunes recognizes it, then either the other cable or the wall charger is defective.
    -iPhone is connected to a charger
    --but the problem persists,
    ---and the problem does not present itself when plugged in to other chargers
    ----then the wall charger is defective.
    ---and the problem persists regardless of the charger
    ----then the iPhone is defective. Start counting down the days until you are eligible to upgrade to an iPhone 4S.