Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evolution2015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
Good day dear community.

I have a couple of problems with my iPhone 6s.
Please help me with your suggestions on solving the below:

Questions:

1. In Google Maps app my direction pointer is turned the wrong way when I am driving. Comes back from time to time.
2. When I want to access a new wifi hotspot at new locations, I need to logginn to the wifi, when I want to type the password in the wifi part of Settings in the iPhone, the keyboard doesn't come up at all. Even after a restart of the phone.
3. I am using 3rd party keyboard app (SwiftKey). My iPhone often jumps to the original keyboard, then I need to restart the app I am typing in to get the keyboard back. Quite annoying because this happens often.

Other strange bugs:

1. The wake up alarm on the phone is never stopping when is beeping. That is quite annoying.
2. The standard iPhone keyboard is very non intuitive.
3. Nore is the copy and paste function.
4. Facebook "new notification" bubble is blocking Bluetooth logo on the main screen. I find this strange for a 849 USD device.

Your help is appreciated.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
In relation to maps, do you have compass calibration enabled in system location services settings?

3rd party keyboards have unfortunately been glitchy and while it has gotten better in some ways, there are still issues that people experience with them.

What is non-intuitive about the native keyboard?

Copy and paste are there, you basically tap and hold and that will present you with various selection options and the typical cut/copy/paste functions.

As for an app badge blocking something, I'm assuming it's for an app that is in the top row, which could be a visual glitch. Have you tried restarting the phone to see if that gets back to normal?

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Good day dear community.

I have a couple of problems with my iPhone 6s.
Please help me with your suggestions on solving the below:

Questions:

1. In Google Maps app my direction pointer is turned the wrong way when I am driving. Comes back from time to time.
2. When I want to access a new wifi hotspot at new locations, I need to logginn to the wifi, when I want to type the password in the wifi part of Settings in the iPhone, the keyboard doesn't come up at all. Even after a restart of the phone.
3. I am using 3rd party keyboard app (SwiftKey). My iPhone often jumps to the original keyboard, then I need to restart the app I am typing in to get the keyboard back. Quite annoying because this happens often.

Other strange bugs:

1. The wake up alarm on the phone is never stopping when is beeping. That is quite annoying.
2. The standard iPhone keyboard is very non intuitive.
3. Nore is the copy and paste function.
4. Facebook "new notification" bubble is blocking Bluetooth logo on the main screen. I find this strange for a 849 USD device.

Your help is appreciated.

Notification bubble running into Bluetooth logo is simply the lack of visual polish apple puts into their devices anymore.

Many will say it doesn't matter, and ultimately it doesn't affect usability. But I agree with you that it's unfortunate that messy design choices have steadily crept into apple's work.

image.jpeg

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
In Google Maps you can switch between the "north is up" or, what people normally use, "first person view" by tapping the compass.

Those big badges...are you folks in zoomed display mode?

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Notification bubble running into Bluetooth logo is simply the lack of visual polish apple puts into their devices anymore.

Many will say it doesn't matter, and ultimately it doesn't affect usability. But I agree with you that it's unfortunate that messy design choices have steadily crept into apple's work.

View attachment 615463

I believe Apple has shifted the icons down a bit in 9.3 beta to help with that some. I specifically remember someone mentioning it as something new in 9.3 beta 1 a month ago.
[doublepost=1455067144][/doublepost]

View attachment 615463
I believe Apple has shifted the icons down a bit in 9.3 beta to help with that some. I specifically remember someone mentioning it as something new in 9.3 beta 1 a month ago.

I found the post that shows they have moved the top row down a bit in 9.3 beta 1.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ce-improvements.1949874/page-20#post-22464659

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
[doublepost=1455067144][/doublepost]

I found the post that shows they have moved the top row down a bit in 9.3 beta 1.

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...ce-improvements.1949874/page-20#post-22464659

that'll be nice. i googled the homescreen from previous ios versions and it looks like this spacing issue has been around since ios7.

Evolution2015

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2015
In relation to maps, do you have compass calibration enabled in system location services settings?

Hello C DM.
Yes I do have compass calibration enabled. It didnt help. Any other suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.