Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vfp101vfp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
what happend was that my friend has an iphone 1gen then he droped it and it got ran over, but it sill worked then he got the iphone 3g and he gave his old one to me today without using it for a year i did not know the pascode so i did a full system restore and put it back to factory settings and when its just done finishing it says " No SIM card instaled insert a valid SIM with no PIN to activate" help please all i want to do is get this iphone so I can use and an ipod
Thanks please help

i put a pic of what it says on the iphone in an attachment

jmann

macrumors 604
You can do one of two things. You can insert an AT&T sim into it temporarily (any active AT&T sim will do) and that will make it so it doesn't need one in the future.

Or you can jailbreak it, and make sure the option "activate" is checked. That will hacktivate the phone and it won't require a sim card.

jmann

macrumors 604
If you are using a Mac, you can update your phone to 3.1.2 using Pwnage Tool, and you will see the option that says "activate" just make sure it's checked. If you are using a PC you can try something like blackra1n or downloading a custom IPSW from the internet, or you can just jailbreak the phone on OS 3.0 using redsn0w. :)

vfp101vfp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2008
Thanks so much but it will not even let me on the home page of the phone it says slide for emergancy. and im on a mac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.