Help with my Omega watch

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Apr 11, 2011.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

Hello,
    I have an Omega Speedmaster Professional as a gift from my former employer. It has a steel band. Is there anyway to replace with with a faux leather bad. I don't think I can afford the genuine Omega band at this point in my life and the Steel bites my wrist. Also, how would I install such a thing?
    Best,
    CM

[​IMG]

I want a band that looks something like this. Reference photo.

2. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I can't imagine a fancy Swiss watch is any different from a Citizen or a Seiko. I would recommend going to one of those watch kiosks in a shopping mall and picking out a new band. Most of these places will install it for free.

3. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

OP, please don't take your $2,500 Omega to a mall kiosk!!!

I have an Omega Seamaster and changing the steel bracelet can be tricky. Take your time and shop for a quality band online- I suggest taking a look at what the folks at the watchuseek.com forums have to offer. There are a lot of members who make and sell their own leather bands and they're usually very affordable and can be made to order. They even have a forum dedicated to straps and bracelets (http://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/). If nothing else, they can at least point you in the right direction and suggest a good manufacturer to buy from.

Once you order a band and receive it, take it to an authorized jeweler (preferably someplace that sells the Omega brand) and let the experts do it. They'll have all the right tools and won't scratch or scuff the steel, like the teenager at the mall might, and they'll usually do it for free or for a very nominal fee. I'm sure you can probably even learn to do it yourself by browsing some of the watchuseek forums.

Hope that helps, good luck! :)