Help with my screen!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by discostick, Dec 10, 2013.

1. discostick macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

What seems to be the problem with my screen? The apple store is quite far away so it'll be helpful to have an idea what's wrong with my screen before I make the trip to the store.

Thanks!

2. stayley macrumors member

I don't know what the issue is. I do know that my gf had to take her 2012 unit with a similar problem to the Apple Store and had the logic board replaced. I suggest you do the same.

3. discostick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I will do that. Hope it's not too expensive as my AppleCare warranty has expired.

4. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Exactly the same thing just happened to me. i7 2013 Macbook Air. They replaced the logic board and and all was well. Can’t remember what caused it though.

5. mpantone macrumors 6502

Just tell them what it looks like if you're discussing it over the phone.

They have better diagnostic tools and procedures than you to figure out the cause of the failure anyhow, it's rather pointless to try to determine the cause yourself. A detailed analysis requires physical access to the object in question anyhow.

One thing: you may wish to get a second price quote from an independent computer repair shop (one that is an Apple authorized service center, of course). Apple Store repairs are not cheap.

Good luck.

6. discostick thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely get a second quote from an authorised service provider since I am already out of warranty.