help with my unlocked 1g iphone EDGE internet tmobile

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eriffic, Aug 26, 2008.

1. eriffic macrumors newbie

hey all, i just purchased an unlock 1g iphone today. it was already unlocked with zibri's or whatever. i can make calls and receive, but i cant get online. i have the data plan from tmobile, cause i just switched from a blackberry. it tells me that "could not activate edge. you are not subscribed to EDGE" any help would be great, i tried looking at other post, but nothing solved my problem. thanks in advance

2. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

I think this will depend on where you are. For instance, T-Mobile does not have EDGE on its network in the UK as far as I know, just O2 and Orange have it here.

3. eriffic thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JackMccurdy macrumors newbie

You will need an internet plan from TMobile, I don't think a Blackberry plan will work. Once you get an internet plan, on the Iphone, go to Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network/APN and type in: internet2.voicestream.com. No username or password is needed

I live on the east coast and have used this in New York.

Jack

5. eriffic thread starter macrumors newbie

i have the data plan for the blackberry, so it shouldnt matter. its wierd i see the "E" symbol on the top left, which means edge. but i cant get on the web or check the weather cause it says my edge is not activated. i tried using the internet2.voicestream.com :confused:

6. MichaelLogan macrumors newbie

Call or visit TMobile. When I had a similar problem, they knew just what to do. They have no problem with you using an unlocked iPhone, and their tech support people know all about it.

A blackberry plan is probably not going to work--you need TMobile Total Internet or, if you install some sort of hack, the cheaper TZones plan.

7. McNasty macrumors member

I'm running an unlocked 2G. I added TZones to my plan today and downloaded the Cydia TZones hack. Will this still work? It hasn't worked for me yet, but I'm assuming thats because it takes a couple of hours until I should be able to access TZones. Any help would be great. I've tried wap.voicestream.com, internet2.voicestream.com in the APN, but nothing.

Thanks in advance!