Help with my website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Lawyerdork, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Lawyerdork macrumors newbie

Hello friends!

A friend of mine made my website using a mac. http://www.svenbrundin.com (the text is in Swedish) It's nothing fancy and he used a template that came with the program. But since I am a professional standup comedian I need to keep my site up and running. Since I don't have a mac I don't know what program he used to build my page. And if you go there you will see that some of the links jumping between my pages doesn't work. Go to "kontakt" and then try to go to "start". Not big problems but it's annoying.

So my questions are these:

Does anyone what template (if that's the correct word) he used for my webpage?

Is there any program for windows I can use to edit my page? I have Dreamweaver and it's impossile/almost impossile to edit my page.

One example is that instead of text saying things like "this comedian blah blah blah" the program made gif's saying just that. Which means I can't correct the spelling etc since the text is inside an image (see below small pictures under "Svenne" for an example). Another example is a picture of me all squeeze so I look even weirder than I do in real life. (see under "Svenne") And I've tried to change it with no luck. I mess things up more than correcting it.

You can see that the font is different on the pages. That's where I've gone in and fiddled with the text. One example is "kontakt" and the other "showtime".

Any help is much appreicated.

2. mat4020 macrumors member

He used iWeb.

If you view the source it says this:

Code:
    <meta name="Generator" content="iWeb 1.1.2" />

3. Mitou macrumors regular

This cannot be edited easily with another program or with windows since it uses its own file format.
    To edit this site you need to get the domain.sites file from your friend, make sure authorisations are cleared before moving the file to another computer, then you can edit it with iweb. It is an iweb version 1 file there may be some variances when openend with iweb 2 the current version but it should be easily fixed.

4. Lawyerdork thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help. I'll try to see if he still has that file. I think it's lost because he had to clean the harddrive and reinstall everything.

Anyway, thank you.