Help with Network Preferences

Discussion in 'macOS' started by polo221, Jun 22, 2009.

1. polo221 macrumors newbie

Here's my problem: I used to have a VPN for my office set up in Network preferences. Something messed up all my network preferences, but I am able to connect to my wireless network, but when I go to set up my VPN connection again and click Apply, nothing happens and the connection does not save. I also cannot edit my Locations. Can anyone suggest how to fix these two issues?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

To reset your Network Preferences pane, you can navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and pull the folder out to the Desktop. Restart the computer and you can reconfigure your Network Preferences pane from scratch. Bear in mind, however that this also removes the computer name from the Sharing preferences pane, and also affects Time Machine backups, because the name of the computer has been reset to default or may be different from what you changed it to at some point.

3. polo221 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll try that tonight. Thanks for your reply!

4. polo221 thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried your solution, but when I get to /Library/Preferences, there is no SystemConfiguration. Am i looking for the wrong thing?