Help with notes previously synced from a now destroyed iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stormypenguin, Nov 19, 2009.

1. stormypenguin macrumors member

Hello hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to access (on the computer) notes that have been synced from an iPhone. You see, I had decimated my old iPhone and have a shiny new 3G, but was not able to set it up as my old phone, if that makes sense, to transfer all the setting from the old one to the new one. I have some important notes that I have no way of seeing at this point...

I appreciate the help..

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Notes are synced to Outlook on a PC and Mail on a Mac. IF you synced the notes before your iPhone was destroyed, then you can get the notes on your new phone by syncing them from either of those programs. If you didn't sync, you're SOL.

3. stormypenguin thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the reply - I have synced the notes many times from my old phone, but when I synced the new phone with the notes, nothing showed up. I guess this is the end of the line?

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It sounds like it. What did you sync with? I'm not sure why nothing showed up with the new phone, unless you did something wrong. Did you sync your contacts? It's the same process for contacts, notes, and calendar (on a PC).