Help with Numbers (or maybe you can suggest a better programme?)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cambookpro, Mar 20, 2011.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Hi.
    Now I've tried to search this but it's quite a specific thing, and I can't seem to word it right in Google. Anyhow, I'm looking to create a graph in Numbers (or any other programme that's not hugely expensive) where the is a picture at 50% opacity. When the number gets higher to the target number, the picture gradually starts getting opaque-er.

For example, if my target number was 400 and I had 100 as the value, the picture would be 25% opaque and 75% at half the opacity.

Anyone know how I could do this?

2. exegete77, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011

exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Howdy. In all my years with Excel (as an analyst for Fortune 100 company), I think the only way we could achieve that was using VBA. I know we had some complicated formulas to help do some coloring but mostly with sheets, not charts; I think this one needed VBA. But that has been 3+ years since I have even used Excel.

If you want to poke around in Excel, Excel User (Charley Kyd’s site) has much valuable information and techniques.

Or try this program: Vvidget which is designed for charting and only $20 US,