Help with Office 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GoGeoGo, Sep 8, 2008.

1. GoGeoGo macrumors newbie

I just bought Microsoft office 2008. I installed it with no problems, and i have written one paper with word. I had to write a paper last night and when i opened Word it opened for less than a second and then a window popped up that said "word has encountered a problem and needs to close..." Then i tried the rest of the programs that came with office 08 and nothing will open, the same message comes up. I have downloaded and installed the updates for Word 08, up to 12.1.2, when i started it was version 12.0.0, something changed after i downloaded the updates. When i opened it it stays up and looks normal. it will stay there until i click the mouse onto the word pages, then it just quits out again. This is a really huge inconvenience since i need to write a lot of papers in college. Until i get this fixed i started the 30 day trial of pages, so i can write papers on that, but if anyone can help please help me.

thank you

2. rikishah macrumors newbie

Try running the Apple Software Update as well and make sure you are up to date.

3. GoGeoGo thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i updated everything last night and it still doesnt work. Should i just uninstall and reinstall it? or will that not work. i got it through my school so its just one install, or can you do it as many times as you want to on one computer

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Have you made any other changes, such as running an application like Monolingual or Xslimmer?

Regards,
    Nadyne.