Help with office

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nzsprinter, Sep 7, 2008.

1. nzsprinter macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I just brought my MBP today and was really excited about it, until now. I know that work and powerpoint have a 30 day expiration time but it just "expired like 10 mins ago and i havent even had the MBP for 6 hours yet?

I know i was doing some software updates just before and checking out e-mail and stuff. Can anyone help since well i have papers i need to write before tuesday and this definitely doesn't help :(

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Get NeoOffice, it's compatible and free. Probably be best for the short amount of time.

3. nzsprinter thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I will get that now until i can get office. Should i give the apple department a call and ask them whats going on?

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It sounds like it's Microsoft's problem, not Apple's.

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

Seems like someone already opened Office apps before you got your computer. Make sure it was fully sealed in the box.

6. nzsprinter thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, it was definitely sealed and i got to use word for like an hour before it decided to put a fit and not let me use it anymore.

Anyways, apart from that i totally love my MBP (1st macbook) decided to come over from pc after many many years of persuasion from my dad (at least 6 years hehehe)