Help with old OS X 10.6 purchase

Discussion in 'macOS' started by png63, May 17, 2013.

1. png63 macrumors newbie

png63

After many years of trusted service, my HDD is dying so preparing for the new HDD install and can't find my downloaded OSX 10.6 dmg, nor the purchase info in the apple store. I only have my original Tiger disks.
    Question is:
    How can I prove that I paid for and downloaded OSX 10.6 if there's no history in the App store or Itunes store?

PS - I have, some time ago, paid for my original version of iLife08, but can't prove I own it ether. The confirmation e-mail has long gone and it hasn't shown in my purchases for some years.

2. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I maybe wrong here, but I think that OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and iLife '08 were only available on physical media.

3. Bear macrumors G3

You are correct.

4. png63, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013

png63 thread starter macrumors newbie

png63

Thanks for the replies guys:

I bought the mac with Tiger, but am sure that my version on the mac was an upgrade from online AUD39.00. I do have a physical disc in the house, but sure it's the daughters bought one. I don't think I will get away with using it.

As for the iLife, you're right. Was pre-installed, but again pretty sure I paid AUD99.00 to get the latest version (iLife09 or something). It has been corrupted some years ago, and because I couldn't find anything in the appstore just frankly went without.

Still to date I know I have upgraded the OS, upgraded iLife and also upgraded to QuicktimePro, all of which don't show in the appstore or iTunes purchase history so can't be reloaded.

I had initially though they might have been purchased under an different AppleID, but I have had the same e-mail address since before I bought this Mac, so that theory has been put to bed.
    Do I chase Apple to find my license details?

5. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

If the upgrades were purchased on disc I don't believe that they will show up in the Mac App Store. If that's the case, your best bet may be to contact Apple to get replacement discs.