Help with opening files in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TigerShark, Jun 30, 2007.

1. TigerShark macrumors member

I had to reinstall OS X over an existing system. As I've had Adobe CS package installed on it - of which I regularly use only Photoshop - I'm now facing a major annoyance:

Photoshop won't open any pic file that is dragged onto its dock icon or doubleclicked. It only opens files via File>Open dialog now.

I suppose reinstalling CS would solve this problem, but I'm hoping there would be an easier way to fix this. Anyone know how?

2. heySparky macrumors regular

heySparky

What I would try would be to use "Get Info" on one of the images. Where is says "Open With" pick the app you want, in this case Photoshop. Then if it asks you if you want to "use this application to open all documents like this" click the Change All button.

3. TigerShark thread starter macrumors member

I've tried that but still to no avail.

When I doubleclick the .jpg file it does bring Photoshop to front or even starts the app if it wasn't running but it does not open the file. What gives? :confused:

4. bocomo macrumors 6502

the adobe site has good FAQs and forums, have you checked there?

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

This is normal after an archive and install, because of the way the Photoshop launcher was written. Luckily, it's easy to fix. This Adobe document explains how. Good luck!

6. TigerShark thread starter macrumors member

That did it! Many thanks. No need to reinstall anything. Life is beautiful once more. :)