Help with organising albums in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ricky.patel89, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Joined:
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hi,

I know this isn't right, but I'm a student so money is quite tight at the moment. I wanted The Rolling Stones Complete Collection 1971-2013 on iTunes but it's £149.99! So I tried looking for a torrent, but couldn't find one. So what I did was download the individual albums. I've got them all now, but how would they be organised in iTunes?

At the moment when I play the songs in iTunes it look like Screenshot-1. But when I sample them in the iTunes store it looks like Screenshot-2. So basically i'M wondering how can i get mine to look like that?

I know what I've done isn't right, but I just need some help, I'm slightly OCD!

Attached Files:

2. Espeonia, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013

Espeonia macrumors member

Espeonia

Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 14.47.19_.png

Either one should suit you fine for what you want.

Attached Files:

3. ricky.patel89 thread starter Guest

Sorry I don't understand. I've tried renaming the album in the collection to "The Complete Collection 1971-2013", but then you loose the info for what track belongs to what album.

4. mojigeluan macrumors newbie

5. WonderKid938 macrumors 6502a

WonderKid938

It's not possible.Its just how it's designed

6. Mugwumper macrumors regular

Not possible :^(

I'd have to agree with "WonderKid938" - I don't think it's possible to do what you want.

What's wrong with having each album listed separately? That's how I've arranged the 26 Stones albums I have. When I click on "Artists", the display is by track in each album. You just won't have one big long list under the name "The Rolling Stones Complete Collection". But all the albums are in a long list.

You could (tediously) add CD info for each (1 of 26, 2 of 26, etc.), but again, you'd lose the name of each album.

Unfortunately, iTunes won't do everything for everybody - I'm still not a fan of this version (11.1.3), but I've kinda learned to get it to do much of what I want. I have over 11,000 songs, and it's really slow to scroll through the library compared to Cover Flow previously - I just can't see the same amount of info as fast.