Help with Pages and making links within text/sentences

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by quadriplegic85, Oct 7, 2010.

1. quadriplegic85 macrumors newbie

I'm a fairly new user of Macs and iWork Pages. I have an assignment for a college class I'm taking in which we have to put web links within text or sentences of an article. I'm having trouble figuring it out any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you want to have the link embedded in the document then select the text you want to be the link, go to the inspector, click on the link inspector it's on the left side looks like a blue dot with an arrow. Once you have gotten there check the enable as a hyperlink box and copy and paste the URL into the box in the inspector.

3. Deacon* macrumors newbie

Cool thank you. How does one make a hyperlink here or say in an email while using Mac OSX SL?

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

To make a hyperlink here, select the text you want to make into hyperlink, click this icon [​IMG] at the top of the message compose window and paste the URL of the link in the box and then click the OK button.

To make a hyperlink in Apple Mail, select the text you want to make into a hyperlink, from the Edit menu choose Add Link and paste the URL of the link in the box and then click the OK button. I've only used Apple Mail for a short time a few years ago, so my instructions might be off a bit, but I believe they're in the ballpark.