Help with .pages in Windows!!!!! Urgent!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CrypticMorrigan, Apr 27, 2009.

1. CrypticMorrigan macrumors newbie

Hello all!

I am looking for a way to convert a .pages file to something (anything!) readable on a PC. I have a PC, but my professor at uni sent me an assignment in .pages format.

I am needing some way to be able to open the file she sent me. Exams are close and I'm pretty desperate.

Any one have any ideas/advice??

Thanks so much! Cheers!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Reply to her email and ask her to export a copy to PDF.

Barring that, if you don't mind sharing the file, you could forward it to me and I could convert it for you. email deleted I don't think there's a way to read Pages files without a Mac.

3. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

Your best option is to upload your .pages document and let someone (with iWork) convert it for you...

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Ah I can picture it now. Your Professor is freaking out because the kid at the bookstore (or Apple store) said that Pages documents were compatible with Office, but failed to mention (and your Prof failed to look) that it's only possible when you save as.

Whoever else got sent that file is having the same issue so it is your Prof's fault. Most people use Office or some free variation thereof, and if that document was sent to the entire class than 90% (depending on the class) of them are having the same problem. Through an email, if you haven't done so already, explain that they need to Save As, and (click the down arrow if necessary to bring down the save options) then tick the box to Save Copy as Microsoft Word.

A PDF would be universal, however, if it's a document that you need to fill in the blanks for, a modifiable format such as Word would just be easier.