Help with Pages (it wouldn't print right)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ravenvii, Apr 12, 2007.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I am having a problem with Pages '06. For some reason it suddenly decided to refusing to print correctly. When I view my document on within Pages, it looks perfectly fine, 1 inches margins all round and all that. But when I print (and when I tried viewing it in Preview, or otherwise saved it as PDF), the text is smaller, and there's alots of space on the top and left sides. What's up with that, and how can I fix it?

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Could it be an issue with the page size and scaling. Go to File - Page Setup and make sure it is set to the page size you will be using. Just an idea.

3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

I had the same problem during my trial (I'm waiting for '07) when printing out my report. I exported as a PDF and it worked fine. That's not a great workaround though. I then noticed a correction I should make and had to go back to Pages, fix it, and then re-export.

4. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I tried exporting to PDF, and got the same problem. It might not be a printing problem specifically then. What can it be? My page setup is set to US Letter, scale: 100%, how can it be wrong?

5. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

I've seen some weird problems in Pages with certain fonts and font sizes. I'd suggest trying a different font, if only to see if this issue persists.

Posting a screen shot might also help. I'm having a difficult time picturing exactly what's happening.

6. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I noticed one thing different between my two documents made with Pages. One prints just fine, and the other does not. The difference is that the one that does not print correctly has that gray bar on the left where the "last change made by xxxx on xxxx" thingy appears. Hmm. How do I get rid of it?

And I didn't use any fancy fonts or anything. It's all defaults.

7. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Can you screen shot that? I don't follow what you mean.