Help with Pages please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sananda, Sep 1, 2007.

1. sananda macrumors 68020

up until now i have used word. when corresponding with any one person i keep all the letters in one long word document. i would like to do the same with pages. but use the templates. so when i have finished one letter and wish to start another one in the same document, what do i do?

if i press page or layout break, i get a new page but no template.

if i press section break, i get a new page with the sender address but no date, recipient fields, or placeholder text.

if i press duplicate, i get a duplicate which means i get the sender and recipient details i want but of course the text of the previous letter does not become placeholder text. and naturally the date is not changed.

so is there any way to start the template again in an existing document?

thanks.

2. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Try this: open the template you want, then go to Format -> Advanced -> Capture Pages. Put the name you want and than click OK.

Now if you want to add a new page with that template just click the Sections + button and add the section, that is the one you named earlier. And that's it.

Now if you want to save the trouble of doing that everytime you start a new document you should save this as a new Template.

Hope that helped.

3. sananda thread starter macrumors 68020

4. flick7 macrumors newbie

Further Assistance

Hi there, I'm having a very similar problem with sections in a custom template I've created in Pages.

What I'm trying to do is have a template with a unique first page, and then the rest of the pages all same. I've tried creating sections for the two different pages, and everything seems to work perfectly until I go to add a new page/section. When I just want one new page to appear, I will always get two more pages! Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?