Help with Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Titus, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Titus macrumors member

I bought Parallels 5. I had downloaded a trial version and after I decided I liked it, went to Best Buy and bought the software. When trying to activate my trial version with the activation code in the box, it will not accept the code. I called parallels, sent them emails. They asked for evidence of purchase so I e-mailed them receipts, copy of CD copy of activation code. they referred me to Nova Development by phone. Nova Development referred me back to Parallels.

One week of trying to get help and I can't get it.

Has anyone had this problem? Sad, because I pay for all my software and can't get support.

I guess my question is should I completely uninstall Parallels from my iMac, then try to reinstall with the CD?

Will that erase Windows 7 and all my windows software?

thanks. This board is great.

Kim

2. xialutron macrumors newbie

Hey,
    Well I would advise you to completely uninstall parallels and try again with the cd you bought that would make a clean install and probably work.

Regarding your windows seven you just have to make a copy of the parallels desktop folder (Documents/Parallels) just in case, but as far as I remember uninstalling the software won't remove the virtual machine.

Have you also try to register your software online directly on parallels ? you might be able to get another copy of the installer.

hope this help

3. Titus thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.

I tried to register directly online. At this point I don't even care if I have to reinstall everything. It's better than being on the phone all day. I even thought about buying an activation code online, then activating it, then returning (90 day guarantee) the boxed software. I was afraid the code I purchased online wouldn't work either then I'd be out twice as much.

4. xialutron macrumors newbie

I have to say your problem is really strange, anyway I am sure that you can ask to speak to a supervisor once you are speaking to parallels as you are a official client, you shouldn't have to buy any other copy. That is a really bad services they are providing you :s

anyway keep me posted after you reinstall I'd like to know.