Help with Password Identification

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Trvlngnrs, May 22, 2014.

1. Trvlngnrs macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

I started a new job. I was given an iPad Mini that another employee set up to process credit card sales. I know the iCloud account email, but I don't know the password, as there is simply dots where it appears.

The iPad has worked great, but I'd like to know what the password is, since I'm taking control of it. The former employee doesn't remember it.

How can I determine the password?

2. Trvlngnrs thread starter macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

Hmmm... I tried it, they will send an email to the iCloud account, but I can't sign on to it, because I don't know the password.

Is there a way I can start over with the password?

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Why not return the Mini to HR or your manager, explain the problem, request a replacement that is not password protected, and let them deal with the problem?

It is, after all, their problem - not yours.

4. Trvlngnrs thread starter macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's a small organization with a handful of staff. No HR department.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, there must be someone in charge of the equipment, right? Talk to that person.

6. Trvlngnrs thread starter macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

Equipment is going to fall under my responsibility.

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You just started a new job, was given equipment used by a previous employee, and when there is a problem with it, nobody else will take responsibility for finding a solution? Time to look for a new job!

8. Trvlngnrs thread starter macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

Thank you Night Spring. I'm not asking for employment advice though. Where I'm working is a wonderful place with a handful of people who do not happen to be techies.

I figured I could resolve the issue much faster than them, since they don't go to forums and they mainly use Window's computers.

Back on topic now please....

9. charlituna, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014

charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I assume you also tried the security questions.

Get a policy in place that all business owned devices will use separate iCloud accounts that you set up and you have an rescue email in place for such situations.

As for this one. According to BF (who is a retail employee), there is a protocol in place for businesses for this kind of thing. You need receipts that should that you bought the device from Apple and perhaps a few other things. Call Apple Care and they can give you the full scoop on how to make the request to manually remove the lock

10. larrygornick macrumors member

Call apple care and tell them what's going on. I'm sure they've helped other people with the same problem.

11. Trvlngnrs thread starter macrumors 6502

Trvlngnrs

OK, I'll give them a call. Thanks guys for your input!