help with patchstick CA

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by AJWard549, Feb 10, 2010.

1. AJWard549 macrumors newbie

I downloaded patchstick ca recently to expand my :apple:tv's capabilities but am having trouble getting anything to work very well. I have run the pre-existing scripts and have installed things such as firefox, but can't use it! I have airmouse running but cannot get the cursor to show on the screen when I open firefox. I had previously just created my own patchstick before updating to 3.0 and it worked ok, but was too buggy so I had hoped getting patchstick ca would solve this problem. So far, however, this has just been a disappointment. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I tried to follow the wiki for downloading it based on their website, but unfortunately cannot access my apple tv via ssh for some reason. Should I just do a hard reset and start over? Help, please! I just spent the past weekend running wire and hanging my tv so for this to be the last little bug to work out is just driving me nuts!

2. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

We are aware of the issue regarding MobileAirmouse and we are currently working on a better solution.
    The current solution works - be sure to start the airmouse server using the respective script, no through the "applications" menu.

3. AJWard549 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible to add other programs such as eyetv and game emulator?

4. AJWard549 thread starter macrumors newbie

went ahead and did a factory restore and got rid of patchstick ca since it was bogging everything else down. may give it another try later, but essentially nothing worked that i had hoped to use which is pretty disappointing since i fell like my expectations were low to begin with since i was really just wanted to use it for firefox and possibly emulators.

5. felixen macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem. My main reason for purchasing was to use a browser. Couchsurfer doesn't work on 3.0 or above. I couldn't get Firefox to work either.

I am really hoping for a working version of Couchsurfer soon.

6. AJWard549 thread starter macrumors newbie

good to hear someone else is experiencing the same issue! i don't post often, but i do at least read the forums every day, so i think until i start hearing people say it is working i will just remain with factory settings :mad:

7. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

We are close to releasing an improved option to use a browser on AppleTV. Stay tuned and follow us on twitter.