Help with Phillips LCD and screen resize size

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Samuriajackon, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I didn't see any forums already started on this, Google didn't help. I hope I'm posting in the right place, please move to Home Theatre if you feel this is not the right area for this discussion.

I have a Phillips 19PFL3504DF7 cheapest thing i could buy at walmart. High motion video and world of warcraft looks great. But...I can't seem to change the resolution to something where I get to see ALL of my screen. A few bits off each side are gone and i can't see any of my menue bars. They're around...i just can't see them.

I tried to adjust my PHillips TV to accept a different resolution of which they all look like crap but 720p and 1080i. I also can't seem to adjust the screen size and position of the picture using the TV's control panel and options.

I've hooked these all up using HDMI. Should I try the alternative VGA or Composite output stuff?

Thanks in advance
    :)

2. TheStrudel macrumors 65816

TheStrudel

Did you check the displays panel in system preferences to see if an overscan option was on or off? Some displays (or TVs) use this and it can cause problems. Alternatively, use the 1280x720 resolution instead of the 1366x768 most 720p LCDs use.

3. Samuriajackon thread starter macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

That worked. Thanks. Everyone turn off overscan and we can all have fun together. Not sure about the resolution thingy though have the macLCD set at 1280x800 and the Phillips TV at 720.

Thanks.