Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moobles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2008
So I've seen a couple people asking whether or not you'll be able to buy the new iPod Touch in stores tomorrow, but my questions a little bit different.

If it is available tomorrow, will it be available as soon as the store opens (10am), or will I have to wait until the product is actually "announced" at Apple event?

If it's not available, do you guys think I'd be better off just ordering one online tomorrow than waiting for stores to stock up? (This is assuming I will start selling the new iPods as soon as they are announced.)

What has happened in previous instances?

Thanks for your help!

exhibit.b

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
They will not be available tomorrow. They just won't. The apple store online will be probably be shut down before the event tomorrow and when it comes back online the new ipods will be on there ready to either be bought or pre-ordered. That is what happened when the ipod touch first came out. They might be in stores on Wednesday or Thursday but they won't be there tomorrow.

stainlessliquid

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2006
there are no stores reporting shipments with embargos on them, so you cant buy them tomorrow. And no theres pretty much no chance that theyll send online orders before they ship store orders.

Beric

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2008
Bay Area
there are no stores reporting shipments with embargos on them, so you cant buy them tomorrow. And no theres pretty much no chance that theyll send online orders before they ship store orders.

Yeah, that's basically the case. If employees had reported the delivery of sealed packages, we could expect them tomorrow. As it is, it will definitely be a couple of weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.