Help with PKGBackup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AnotherBrian, May 24, 2012.

1. AnotherBrian macrumors regular

First off I updated NCsetting yesterday and since then my phone crashes about every two hours. I did a backup with PKGBackup before I updated but I am a little confused in the app about restoring. So if I go to restore and check NCsettings is it only going to restore that app? When I select it, before hitting restore it says 1 of 118 uninstalled. So is it going to restore just NCsettings or every app except for NCsettings?

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Cydia backup apps have only ever messed up my phone.

Just re-install your apps, yes you have to reset the settings but I think it guarantees a smoother baseline to work with.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

If it says 1 of 118 uninstalled, it is going to install just that 1 package.

With pkgbackup you can choose what is restored and what not, just click on the > to the right of the 1 of 118 uninstalled, it will bring you to the select/deselect section.

Also if you do a clean install and than a backup from itunes all your old plist/settings files from your cydia apps are restored, not the apps itself but as soon as you reinstall an app your old settings are implemented.

4. AnotherBrian thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks TriJetHero that is what I thought but wasn't quite sure. I have used it for full restores and it worked great but never for just single apps. I just wanted to go back to the older version of NCsettings until there is another update for it.