Help with Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ribbonthecat, May 20, 2007.

1. ribbonthecat macrumors regular

I'm trying to make a powerpoint presentation, and I need to include many photographs that I have in iPhoto. Powerpoint is not letting do so however: it says that the photos (which are JPGs) are either unsupported or damaged. They open fine, however, in Photoshop, iPhoto, Preview, etc.

Can anybody give any advice? If the advice is to buy iWork, that's not really an option, as I need to finish the presentation by tomorrow.

2. ribbonthecat thread starter macrumors regular

I think that the problem may be that the photographs are too large. I just resized one in CS3, and it worked fine. Is there a way to automate resizing photographs, so I don't have to go through each of the 100 or so that I need?

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

have you tried re saving the images, like opening them in preview and "save as" then save them as a jpeg again or another file type

4. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

this site might help http://www.automatorworld.com/

5. gavd macrumors 6502a

I don't have Photoshop but I thought there was a way to do a batch process within it. Found this using google which is a tutorial thing showing you how to do it.