Help with publishing my iweb site

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by teamthomas, May 5, 2011.

1. teamthomas macrumors newbie

I would really appreciate some advice on publishing my iweb site without using mobile me.

I have researched and researched and I am now just confused and frustrated after trying a number of different ways!

I have purchased a domain name from 1-2-3 reg and would prefer to use a free web hosting company to host my site. However, if none of the free ones will do what I want then I am willing to pay for hosting.

My iweb site has videos on, photos, blogs etc - you can take at look at it here www.teamthomas.tk I want to get away from .tk so I can get my site on google etc.

I have tried a couple of free web hosts awardspace and 000webshost (can't upload mov files so no good) using cyberduck ftp.

I am also confused and unsure on what the best way is to upload my iweb site. I have looked at easy iweb publisher, seo tool for iweb and cyberduck ftp.

So to summarise:

1. Is there a free web site hosting company that fulfils my requirements of uploading videos, photos etc and have my own domain name and what is the best one?
    2. If not a free one is there a cheap one out there that you can suggest?
    3. What software is the best way to upload my iweb site with? ftp, seo tool or easy iweb publisher?

Thank you for reading and I really hope someone can give me some good advice, as I'm about to give up!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I don't trust the free ones.
    I like NearlyFreeSpeech.net.
    An FTP client.

3. dwilliams1227 macrumors newbie

Publishing a domain without additional suffix

THere were no informative replies to the previous thread, to which I have a similar question and could REALLY use some help:

I'm trying to create a website for my personal business, using iweb on mac. I don't want to publish the site to mobile me because I want my own site name without any other suffix. That is, without having the 'web.me.com' suffix, or any other (blogger, or wordpress). I will be using my email@live.com on the site (and the name of my site has to be the same as the live email name), but I don't think msn, hotmail, or live.com offers free domain publishing.

I'm willing to purchase something inexpensive and legit if there isn't an option to create a free domain with no commercial suffix. I have iWeb, mobileme, and microsoft office for mac-- so I thought one of these programs would include free domain publishing.

I'm new to website publishing, so I'd appreciate and advice or feedback.

4. 42streetsdown macrumors 6502a

42streetsdown

i've used byethost.com in the past, they've got a pretty decent free service.

5. SDub90 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

I tried sending you a PM but it said you exceeded your quota. I may be able to help you out depending on your space requirements.