Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Need Help Deciding....
So im eagerly waiting for GTA V and need some help.
Should I buy a ....
27'' iMac with a 256gb ssd, most likely a 750mx - and use my old xbox 360 to play gta v which is in the living room (the imac would be in my bedroom) and when gta v comes to pc play it on my imac OR.... (means everytime i want to play it i have to go into the living room, kinda inconvenient)

Buy a xbox 360 slim 250gb model, with a 13'' rmbp and a 24'' external monitor, probably using the xbox for the first couple of months and than not really using it much, but being able to play it in my room and be left with a cluster full of cables and a messy setup.

Would i just be better off with the simple iMac setup, because im worried that with the next gen consoles coming out, that the xbox 360 slim by next year, less and less of the games will be coming out for it, and eventually be outdated where as the iMac would last alot longer.

Is the 27'' too big? I only really use it for basic tasks but one thing i miss from windows was being able to split two programs (word and chrome) and it made it easy to 'multitask'. It only really needs to last two and a half years before i head off to university and will probably hand this down to my father. What do you guys think?

Edit: Should i just leave a HDD in it as $360 dollars seems to be alot for a ssd mind you its from Apple and save some money?

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Need Help Deciding....
So im eagerly waiting for GTA V and need some help.
Should I buy a ....
27'' iMac with a 256gb ssd, most likely a 750mx - and use my old xbox 360 to play gta v which is in the living room (the imac would be in my bedroom) and when gta v comes to pc play it on my imac OR.... (means everytime i want to play it i have to go into the living room, kinda inconvenient)

Buy a xbox 360 slim 250gb model, with a 13'' rmbp and a 24'' external monitor, probably using the xbox for the first couple of months and than not really using it much, but being able to play it in my room and be left with a cluster full of cables and a messy setup.

Would i just be better off with the simple iMac setup, because im worried that with the next gen consoles coming out, that the xbox 360 slim by next year, less and less of the games will be coming out for it, and eventually be outdated where as the iMac would last alot longer.

Is the 27'' too big? I only really use it for basic tasks but one thing i miss from windows was being able to split two programs (word and chrome) and it made it easy to 'multitask'. It only really needs to last two and a half years before i head off to university and will probably hand this down to my father. What do you guys think?

Edit: Should i just leave a HDD in it as $360 dollars seems to be alot for a ssd mind you its from Apple and save some money?

If you took your time to read the sticky then you may get more advise. Having the title 'Help' is not going to get much help here.

Why buy the xbox 360 when it's announced that the xbox one will arrive at the end of the year? Makes no sense to me. It's very obvious that MS will drop the support for xbox 360.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
If you took your time to read the sticky then you may get more advise. Having the title 'Help' is not going to get much help here.

Why buy the xbox 360 when it's announced that the xbox one will arrive at the end of the year? Makes no sense to me. It's very obvious that MS will drop the support for xbox 360.

Because the Xbox one is a horrible product. Over priced and some of the features are ridiculous (kinect). I'm not going to pay $600 for a consol that. Will only use a on a irregular basis. And that the gta v might not bring coming to Xbox one.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Ok. You don’t seem to get the point. There will be next gen console therefore why waste money to buy the current gen console. If you don’t like the xbox one then get the ps4.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Ok. You don’t seem to get the point. There will be next gen console therefore why waste money to buy the current gen console. If you don’t like the xbox one then get the ps4.

Excuse me, i do seem to get the point, its you who doesn't. I dont like what either of the next gen consoles offer, so why would i spend a absurd amount of money on a device i dont like, their overpriced for what they offer. With that being said, would i be better off buying a xbox 360 slim for use with gta v or wait for gta v for pc and play it on a mac, eliminating a bunch of cables and killing two birds with one stone.

Edit: And if you didn't realize, GTA V hasn't been announced for neither of the next gen consoles. Some help you are!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.