Help with purchased itunes songs, broken mac...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Amy-Kate12, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Amy-Kate12 macrumors newbie

Okay, So heres the problem...
    I recently bought a MacBook...and bought some songs from ITunes...I managed to break it (don't know how) but it was completley dead..it was still in the first month, so we could send it back and get a new one.
    Now i have my new one, and when i had to set it up - i had to log in to apple...but when i went on to itunes, i don't have the songs i have previously purchased...is there ANY way of getting them back?!
    Help would be appreciated!!

Amy xX

2. scr1968 macrumors regular

Any chance you transfered them to an iPod before your system went down? If so you can transfer them back from the iPod through iTunes.

If you didn't and don't have a backup copy of your songs somewhere I am afraid they are gone.

SCR

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

that happened to me already twice. it's really no problem. all you have to do is go to the itunes store and deauthorize ALL of your computers. then authorize the new computer and you're good to go. (only drawback is that you can only use the deauthorize ALL function once a year or so. if your mac breaks again you might have on authorization less for a few month.) then just load the songs from your ipod or cd or whatever you used for a backup.

4. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Just go into the itunes store and "report a problem" or something like that and tell them what happened and what songs you are missing, using your emailed receipt. You will get all your songs back from them, they will start an auto download the next time you log into your account.