Help with Rapidshare

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jekite, Sep 16, 2007.

1. jekite macrumors newbie

I never had a problem downloading rapidshare .rar files on my pc. After switching to a mac and trying out both igetter and Speed Downloader I find that neither seems to work well for downloading files in that they won't do it period. I have entered the correct password info to the best of my knowledge (www.rapidshare.com as server, then account info) but when I drag files to the program or use the contextual menu download options it pops up saying that there is no compressed file found, however when you download it via the browser from the rapidshare site it works fine. Stuffit expander just keeps popping up saying there is no compressed or encoded file and that I should obtain more information about the source of the file being downloaded. Any help?

2. jekite thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Why bother with a download manager? They are nothing but trouble. Just Safari (or whatever browser) to handle downloads.

Use UnrarX to uncompress your .rar files.

4. jekite thread starter macrumors newbie

How am I supposed to download multiple file at once without a download manager? The process of logging into my rapidshare account each time I want to download is too time consuming. Also-it does not give the contextual menu choice of download linked file beaucse the links to download are not hyperlinks.

5. micro3 macrumors newbie

it took awhile but an answer did come....

I use iGetter as the manager

i use firefox, with these choice add-ons

flashgot <----passes links to manager
    linkification <----turns text to links
    safariview <--not necessary but nice

you must login to RS and allow direct downloads

goto flahgot options and set igetter as the manager, allow alt click, set referring page to nothing, check 'send cookies' and 'HTTP authentication'

open igetter and enter your auth in preferences

bah bah it works.

ok so i wrote obsure instrution main cause im lazy and because you will learn alot more about this somewhat conveluted proceedure if you play a bit, not all step are probably need but i cant be stuffed toying with it now that it works. :)

6. yohanand macrumors newbie

rapidshare

its not ur software problem, rapidshare does not allow download accelerators. Neither do other file sharing sites like filefactory etc. You have to download using ur browser. :)

7. surfridermalibu macrumors newbie

rapidshare confusion

does anyone know how to read a rapidshare file on a mac? i can download the file however i cannot open/read it.

8. jackerin macrumors 6502a

There is no such thing as a Rapidshare file. Rapidshare is the host and the file you downloaded can be anything; look at the file extension and do a search.

9. nexus144 macrumors member

Use JDownloader, I use it and it works great. It will download the files and even extract them automatically if you want. Just make sure you have Java installed as it needs it to run.

10. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

11. kosmac macrumors newbie

I also use jdownloader but I just can't setup it with my airport extreme base station (apple's router) to bypass waiting time between download links for free user...this router is not included in the already listed.There is any way to fix that??someone knows??
    thanks