Help with recording calls on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Subu, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Subu macrumors regular

Dear All

Is there a simple way to record calls on iPhone ?

IF not, IS there an app / easy way ?

IF not is there a softphone / VOIP provider who allows recording somewhere ?

I am within my legal rights to record these conversation and I am ready to sign disclaimer etc

TIA

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Nothing that I know of, sorry.

3. Subu thread starter macrumors regular

any other comments ?? ideas ? tips please !!!

This should be possible .... there are millions of users and no one has this need ??

TIA

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Buy a suction cup microphone that can attach to the back of the iPhone.

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

I believe, and someone will surely correct me if I'm wrong, that because recording calls without consent is illegal in some places, Apple does not allow the iPhone to be able to do it.

6. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

^^ Truth

A disclaimer at the beginning of the call is required and must be included in all recordings.

Covert recorded calls require a state or federal level warrant with good cause to record a call where one or both parties are unaware that the call is being recorded.

7. ahvengeance macrumors newbie

I found some apps several months ago — in the apps store. If I remember correctly, they are all per-pay apps. I searched call recorder. If I find them again, I'll post them.

8. ahvengeance macrumors newbie

Found it! In the App Store — search "recording call" and a bunch of apps will come up. Hope this helps. I know there are ways of recording calls.

9. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Are you jailbroken? If yes then you are in luck. Call Recorder is one that I've used, there are others.

Do a Google search for it. I came across another forum that helped with info and other things but it probably shouldn't be mentioned here so PM me if you want.

A lot of states in the U.S. are "one party" states... which means as long as ONE party (even if it's the party doing the recording) knows, then you should be good to go. Either way, don't expect a recorded call to be admissible in court. Oh and I'm no lawyer.

You can opt to let the other party know you're recording with the in call beep/prompt at beginning, or you can disable it if you want- there are different versions of the app depending on if you want those options.

I made a habit of automatically recording all incoming calls for awhile but it got to be a pain in the ass so I deleted the app.

If someone is saying something on the phone that I should be recording- my feeling is that I shouldn't even waste my time or energy having that person be a part of my life at all...

10. makerleone macrumors regular

makerleone

"Call Recorder" found this app on apple store, its free and it will definitely helps you out.